Weekly Update: Like many of you, I was highly concerned by the reports which have emerged this week regarding Downing Street. I will be writing to the Prime Minister to raise these concerns, and I am hopeful that the Cabinet Secretary will complete his investigation as soon as possible, to clarify what did or did not take place.
At PMQ’s I asked the Prime Minister to instruct the JCVI and MHRA to review reducing or dropping the 15-minute wait for those having the Pfizer vaccine (particularly those who have already had two doses with no issues) to see if it is safe to do so - this would help to increase capacity and get as many people as possible boosted before Christmas. I pleased that this data is currently under review - watch my question here: https://bit.ly/3dCbqGw
Aside from that, here's what else I've been up to this week for Hinckley and Bosworth:
- Voted through the Nationality and Borders Bill, a significant step forward in helping to fix the broken asylum system - read more here: https://bit.ly/3pFAq5e
- Asked the Health Secretary how the new Covid pass is likely to look, and whether lateral flow will be included as an alternative - watch here: https://bit.ly/3dADoCE
- Switched on the Christmas lights in Market Bosworth - lovely to see so many people there!
- Lead a roundtable in Parliament focused on diet literacy for those on lower incomes, and what can be done to reduce obesity
- Discussed dealing with the backlog in the NHS at the Health and Social Care Committee this week, finalising our report to be published very shortly
- The Committee will also launch an enquiry into body image, which I am looking forward to getting going on - more here: https://bit.ly/31FDKFz
- Held my weekly constituent surgery, talking about electric charging points, enforcing in planning and testing for covid for travellers,
- And finally, supported local people on a wide range of casework
As ever, if you are experiencing an issue or problem I may be able to help with, don't hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com, and I'll do my best to assist.