Parliament has returned this week after being recalled a day earlier than planned to allow members time to express the condolences to Her Majesty on the death of HRH Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh.
I didn’t have the opportunity to contribute to the comments made by my colleagues, I am sure you will agree however that all were heartfelt and signified the huge esteem that His Royal Highness was held in across the country.
This week I have:
- Taken Part in the Health and Social Care Select Committee where we considered the treatment of autistic people and those with learning disabilities.
- Held a specialist surgery to hear from those affected by and concerned about proposals for pay rises in the NHS.
- Held two other constituent surgeries covering issues including: planning issues, child support, release of lock down and business support, dealing with harassment, and energy efficient housing and EPC ratings
- Had a meeting with my Health Select Committee colleague Dean Russell MP to discuss the issue digital health.
- Had a meeting with dentists to hear about how Covid-19 has affected their work.
- Received a briefing from the Universities Minister to hear about plans for students to return to campus and physical learning.
The wonderful news was released this week 57,663 Bosworth residents have now had at least one vaccination, obviously this coincides with the reopening of non-essential retail, pubs and gyms.
There is a real sense of optimism for the future, please do continue to support our local economy as it recovers from the darkest days of the coronavirus pandemic.