Hours: Full Time
Salary: £22,402 per annum
Start Date: October 2020
Length of Contract: One-year fixed term
Dr Luke Evans MP is looking to recruit an Administrative Officer on a one-year fixed term contract to assist with his Parliamentary work. This is an entry-level position and a good opportunity to take a first step into working in the political field. Experience it not essential, we are looking for enthusiasm and commitment.
The main focus of the role will be in assisting with the smooth running of the Westminster office, ensuring that constituent enquires are recorded and responded to correctly, in line with GDPR.
The role is part Research and part Parliamentary Assistant – helping to support the MP, as well as the MP’s Senior Parliamentary Assistant and the Office Manager.
If you are: organised, diligent, thorough, proactive, enjoy writing and researching and looking for an entry level opportunity into Westminster politics, this maybe the role for you!
- Interest in politics and sympathy for the policies and approach of the Conservative Party.
- Willingness to learn, flexible in approach and open to new ideas.
- Polite and respectful manner, the role will involve some interaction with constituents.
- Articulate with a good written style.
- Appreciation of the importance of good record keeping and clear communication.
- Trustworthy, reliable and motivated to work independently.
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
- Database management using office software (e.g. Microsoft Office) to handle administrative cases
- Assist in the compilation of briefing packs
- Minute taking
- Respond to enquiries by telephone, email and social media, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate
- Open, handle and action email, post and social media enquiries
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods
- Assist with arrangements for events; this may include: venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; and providing on-the-day event support as required
- Diary management
- Handle administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Liaise with suppliers when required regarding office supplies and security
- Exposure to complex cases
To apply please send in a copy of your CV by Monday 7th September at 12 noon to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch using this email address.
NB: If you would like to be considered for this position, please be prepared to attend an online interview on Thursday 17th September 2020 (apologies but diary commitments mean that we do not have the flexibility to offer alternative dates). If you are successful in being invited to interview, you will be informed by 10th September 2020.