They say buses come in twos…but in this case it is PMQ’s!
Astonishingly after being pulled out of the ballot for Prime Minister’s Questions last week my name was picked for a second week running!
With the upcoming bank holiday I thought I would ask about support for our attractions and allied businesses, so (tongue in cheek) it would be an opportune time to ask the Prime Minister what he was up to this weekend, and whether he might like to come and visit some of the great hospitality and leisure opportunities here in Hinckley and Bosworth?
On a serious note it was also important to ask about the support the government is giving to domestic tourism and businesses after they open up after a prolonged lockdown.
You can see the Prime Minister’s answer in this video and who knows you might even see him out and about around the borough this weekend?
Whether Boris is in Bosworth or not please do get out and support our brilliant hospitality and leisure sector this weekend and have a wonderful bank holiday.
Aside from that this week I have:
- Had a briefing from West Leicestershire CCG and other local health leads about coronavirus and our eventual return to normal, plus the plans in place to deal with the backlog.
- Asked education ministers questions about consistency of assessment in coming years (https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/education-questions-consistency-assessment-2022) and helping Uni students return to campus (https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/education-questions-preparing-students-return-campus)
- Held interviews for a new member of staff as my caseworker moves on to an exciting new opportunity.
- Took part in the Health and Social Care Select Committee where we continue to look into the treatment of autistic people and individuals with learning difficulties.
- Took part in a roundtable meeting with the small business minister and Secretary of State for Business to discuss building our economy post-Covid.
- Received a briefing from Matt Hancock about the future of technology in health care.
- Convened a meeting with other Leicestershire MPs and the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership looking at the future economic recovery plan for the county and group working to support our region.
- Met with the Regional Director of the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).
- And held a meeting with Horiba MIRA about their future plans and further investment to our patch.
- Finished the week with another constituent surgery, covering: treatment for migraines, handling of COVID, dealing with VAT and problems with Openreach.