Thursday was the final day in Parliament before recess begins, which means it’s time for my favourite part of the year – being back home in Bosworth and able to spend the time getting out and about in our constituency!
In a similar way to last year, it’s been a slightly strange year in Parliament, but during that time we’ve made an enormous amount of progress for Hinckley and Bosworth, you can read more about what I have been up to on my website: www.drlukeevans.org.uk, and why not sign up to my monthly newsletter too!
Over the summer and into the autumn, I plan to get round every corner of the constituency and see all of the fantastic work which everyone has been during the pandemic. If you run a local business or a community project, please do get in contact with my office, as I would love to come down and hear about what you do and how you have a positive impact on our community.
My weekly update takes a break over the Summer, but you’ll still be able to see all of the work I’m doing across social media.
Work this week for Bosworth included:
- Visited MIRA Technology Park with the Party Chair Amanda Milling as part of the Government’s ‘Levelling Up Tour’. As one of the top locations in the world for automotive research, development and testing, and a major local employer, I was pleased to be able to show the park off. It’s also fantastic to see jobs and green growth going hand in hand!
- Took part in a Community Hall meeting to hear concerns regarding speeding at a resident’s meeting in Sutton Cheney, and spoke about the action I’ve been taking on speeding in villages and rural areas.
- Met with the DWP Minister to discuss errors in payments, Winter Grants and UC, and impacts locally
- Lead the 2nd of three Department for International Trade events with local businesses, to help equip them with the tools to export internationally and make the most of new trade deals.
- Raised the issue of cyber-attacks directly with the Minister for the Middle East in Parliament, following the reported state sponsored attack on Microsoft Exchange servers. You can see my question here: Cyber-Attack Debate | Dr Luke Evans MP
- Discussed GP Data concerns at the Health and Social Care Select Committee, the plans build on the data sharing and research we have seen in the vaccine programme to help future research and improve the NHS systems and a population level. You can see my questions here: Discussion on GP Data - Health and Social Care Select Committee | Dr Luke Evans MP
- Discussed Twycross Zoo’s Levelling Up Bid with the Policy unit at Number 10, which would provide funding for a new National Science and Conservation Centre. More info here: Supporting Twycross Zoo's Levelling Up Bid | Dr Luke Evans MP
- Casework this week included: helped a vulnerable constituent with their utility company, assisted a Parish Council with village infrastructure, and continued work on HGV and driving licences.
- Met local constituents to discuss issues they are experiencing in surgery, including: veterans, social care, mental health, COVID and carers credit.
If you live in the Bosworth constituency and have a question or need my help, then please do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address.