This week was another busy week for Bosworth, here's what I've been up to this week:
- Went to Caterpillar in Desford (one of the largest employers locally and biggest companies in the world!) for their autonomous technology day to hear about the work they are doing there - I even had the chance to remotely operate machinery all the way in Arizona! Fantastic to have such cutting-edge innovation right on our doorstep!
- Raised Levelling Up and what that means for Bosworth in my speech in the Chamber, following the news that Twycross is set to receive £19.9 million. Watch here: https://bit.ly/2ZZfb5D
- Asked the Health Secretary Sajid Javid about GP appointments during the Health and Social Care Committee: https://www.drlukeevans.org.uk/news/health-secretary-health-and-social-…
- Raised the issue of funding for local schools with the Education Secretary, following discussions with Hastings High School and Bosworth Academy. Watch here: https://bit.ly/3CNMwyw. Pleased to hear he is happy to meet me to discuss exactly this.
- Discussed my first two years as an MP, and my #RecogniseBodyImage campaign with fellow MP Dean Russell on his podcast, look out for that in the next few weeks!
- Convened with the Midlands Engine to discuss their 10 Point Plan for Green Growth, and how we can make that work for Bosworth
- Spoke to BBC Radio Leicester about the successful Twycross Zoo bid – read more here: https://bit.ly/3D0JqHq
- Visited Market Bosworth school to meet headteacher Mr Wilson and the pupils there - fantastic to hear they are one of the highest performing school in Leicestershire, and have been rated as outstanding by Ofsted three times since 2009!
- Met the team at the Gate Hangs Well in Carlton - a brilliant village pub with a shop as well, the restaurant has some absolutely stunning countryside views. I will be back with my wife Charlie and two whippets for sure!
- Met Highways England to discuss progress on the A5 – I’m determined to ensure that the millions of pounds I secured for improvements are not wasted
- Held my weekly surgery with constituents on a whole host of topics, from access to healthcare to local infrastructure
As ever, if you are experiencing an issue or problem I may be able to help with, please email email@example.com, and I’ll do my best to assist.